Wednesday, April 6, 2011

China

Hi everyone,

I know it has been a while---we landed in China last thursday---but I have a few minutes so I can finally do a quick update.  Meredith and I are staying with Tim and Debbie Vinzani in Duyun, China.  Duyun has a population of about 500,000 while where we landed, Guiyang, has a population of 2-3 million! 3, We are in the Guizhou province in southern China.  While we are here Meredith and I go up to the farm that is a few minutes outside of town (and another 2,000ft in elevation) to help with the corn planting.  Tim and Debbie are aid workers in China and are doing wonderful things for the area through their cattle farm.  For much of the week we are on the farm while we spend the weekends in Duyun.  We will hopefully use our weekends to get around and see some of southern china and will be planning those mini-adventures in the next few days.

We are loving the food here, although I can't say that will surprise anyone.  We have enjoyed a few meals out and  have been the beneficiaries of quiet a few delicious meals from Mrs. V.  (both Chinese and western).  We are able to get many (most) western products here so I have enjoyed waffles with syrup, Oreos, peanut butter and quite a few other comfort foods.  We are doing well and loving getting to know the V's and a few other ex-pats


corn field that needs to be planted (by hand)

me earning my Clemson degree

fields on the way to the farm

Meredith eating lunch (spicy thai soup, yum!) with Tim and Debbie's children Mark and Rianna

No comments:

Post a Comment